One of the most common clothing on the planet, jeans, have gone through several major changes and now we have tens of styles available on the market. Easy to be customized and manufacture, jeans have become a symbol of youth and wild spirit. They can make you look bad-ass or hipster, as long as you know what style to wear and which accessories to use. Check out the following most common styles for jeans and how they are creates!
But first, let us start with the washing part. Depending on the type of wash, jeans will have a different tinting and will appeal to certain style. Washed denim are the raw denim jeans to which certain dyes were applied and stabilizing agents were removed. These jeans become soften and more comfortable to wear. The shrinkage effect is also reduce during washing. Most men prefer this type of fabric. Acid wash and dirty wash are the main two types of denim washing.
Dirty washed denim have dark-blue with yellow tinting, creating a distressed appearance. You can use them for a well-worn apparel. Stonewashed jeans have become more popular in the recent years and it is basically a key part for any casual looking collection. Although some manufacturers actually use stones to give this finish look, most of them rely on chemicals. Vintage wash is the most common way to create distressed jeans. And they fit best to a retro look.
And now, let’s talk about jeans styles.
• Bootcut jeans appeals to fashionable guys. The slim cut fits closely with a slight flare towards the leg opening. This style is well appreciated because it balances the body really good.
• Relaxed fit jeans are recommended for people with wider legs. The relaxed fit of the jeans will open around the tights and will provide some spacing from the waist to knee. The calf of the jeans can be modified to look wider towards the bottom or sit straight.
• Slim-straight are designed for people with thinner body that still want the classic look. The tight region of the jeans is slimmed, but the calm is kept straight. There is no tapering or widening involved.
• Skinny jeans have an exaggerated slim fit, extra thing around waist and calf. They are made to show that the person wearing it is really thin.
• Depending on the distance from the middle of the crotch seam to the top of the waistband, we have low, medium and high-rise jeans.